At POP BOOK we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is FUJIFILM UK Limited of St Martins Business Centre, St Martins Way, Bedford, MK42 0LF. POP BOOK is a trading name of FUJIFILM UK Limited and is also a trademark of FUJIFILM Corporation and/or its subsidiaries.
Information we collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the POP BOOK App (“our app”) and/or the POP BOOK website http://www.popbook.eu ("our site"). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our app and/or our site, subscribing to our service, posting material and uploading images or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by POP BOOK, and when you report a problem with our app or our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our app and/or our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your use of our app or of visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
How we use information we collect
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content in our app and our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
- To help us understand your needs and interests and provide you with better services. Specifically, we use your information to communicate with you, to provide service and support and to update you on relevant services and benefits. Occasionally we may also use your information to contact you for market research regarding our products or services. We will always give you the opportunity to opt-out of market research and customer surveys
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
We only use your information and collected/stored data for our own purposes and to supply the services to you. We do not sell, share or pass on your data.
Uploaded images, as part of a POP BOOK order, are stored indefinitely to allow for customer reorders as well as shared POP BOOK orders from visitors to the virtual POP BOOK webpage/s.
Data collected online may also be combined with information you provide through other sources. We may use information internally to design specific promotions for our customers. We may also make use of the personal data we have collected from you to contact you with bespoke products (for example a fathers' day photo book offer sent to women only for them to produce online).
Non-personal data is collected for reporting about our app’s and our site’s usability, performance, and effectiveness. It is used to improve the customer experience, usability and the content of our app and our site.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Who we share it with
POP BOOK will not sell, rent, or lease your personal information to any other party such as a business partner or a related third party company unless you have given permission to do so. We may disclose your personal information to third parties strictly for the purposes of providing services to us - for instance, we may use a third party email marketing company to manage the sending of emails to you, or we may store your personal data using a third-party data storage provider. No third party will be allowed to use your personal information other than on our behalf for the purposes set out above.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access our app and certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted via our app and/or our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
IP addresses and cookies
Our site may collect information about your computer or other device, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our commercial partners. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer or other device. Cookies contain information that is transferred to the hard drive of your computer or other device. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the site to operate. They enable us:
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests;
- to provide you with services; and
- to recognise you when you return to our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Copyright © 2014 FUJIFILM UK Limited. All rights reserved.